The words are stuck in my throat.
I can’t get them out.
I open my mouth to speak and nothing comes out.
Instead I let the silence take over.
I hate the silence.
Speak. Just open your mouth and speak.
What are you waiting for?
You have practiced the words many times.
Just tell him you don’t want to.
You can’t marry him.
You thought you could but standing at the alter just now you have changed your mind.
Coward… You ran away with no reason.
Will he understand?
Today’s Daily Prompt: Tell us about a time you couldn’t quite get your words or images to express what you wanted to express. What do you think the barrier was? For bonus points, try again.
****The event depicted in the poem didn’t actually happen to me.**** The prompt inspired the poem.
Trackbacks and pings:
- Dapper Ducks (Expression) | photo potpourri
- breaking the barrier of sorts | wannabepoet
- BROKEN « MY WALL
- Daily Prompt: Express yourself – Time for another vacation | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Under the Monkey Tree
- F You! | Crossroads
- Part 2 – Sang Out Loud | Shiwanidoez
- Duncan’s Monthly Special! #2 | Neva Samaki
- Expressed |
- If you love to walk | Nature Activities
- Running Lines | The Ambitious Drifter
- Unsp♡k∈n | ⓜ∈t•ⓐRVh∈∈•n✪iⓐ
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself « Mama Bear Musings
- Thanks That Are, Are Better Than What Could Have Been And Never Was | The Jittery Goat
- Anniemation Floe
- Can anyone teach how to express Anger?? | મન ની વાત
- To my anonymous attacker | alienorajt
- To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Express Yourself – Heartbreak
- My brother | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | The Story of a Guy
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Completely Disappear
- Betrayal | dawnyhosking
- How To Write A Formal Letter Of Complaint « froodian pseudoanalysis
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself « cognitive reflection