A rough couple of days


It all started Sunday night. I suddenly came down with a fever. I took some advil and tried to go to bed. Wrong.. I never got any sleep. Instead I hung out near the toilet and stared at the inside, if you know what I mean. At about 2am I tried to lie down again. I feel asleep for about an hour and again I was back at the toilet. I never did get any sleep. Finally at 5am I called my mom, who is my boss at work, and told her I was not going to make it into work. She offered to come pick up my son and take him to daycare so I could get some sleep. At first I turned her down but after thinking about it I called her back and told her I changed mind. She came and got my son and I went to bed. I slept for a few hours and woke up with a slight fever. I took some more advil and went back to sleep. I woke up several hours later feeling better but not hundred percent. I decided to try and eat something, since I hadn’t eaten anything in a long time. I made some toast and managed to keep it down. I was feeling much better after that. My fever finally went away and even though I wasn’t fully back to myself I could at least function. I went to go pick up my son and had a relaxing evening. Went to bed early and got up early this morning ready to tackle the day.

I was feeling ok when I got to work. I dug right in like nothing was wrong. I soon started to feel really warm and  sick to my stomach. I slowed things down and felt better but still not hundred percent. Lunch time came and I went home and eat something. I felt much better. I headed back to work and dug right in again. A little while later I was sweating and not feeling very good. It was so hot inside the building I could barely move. I took a break and headed out side. There was a nice breeze and it felt nice I soon started to feel like I could finish the day. I made it to the end and headed out to pick up my son from daycare. I pick up him and we head home. We had a very relaxing evening and I think I am going to head to bed a little bit early. I don’t have to work tomorrow so I hope to take things slow and work up to full speed. I need to get back to myself and quick. Must be able to keep up with little man.


4 thoughts on “A rough couple of days

Comments are closed.